NPM is the official package manager of Node.js. Since version 0.6.3 of Node.js, npm is part of the environment and is therefore automatically installed by default. npm works with a terminal and manages dependencies for an application. It also allows installing Node.js applications available on the npm repository.
In a blog post, a team member said that.
Quote Sent by NPM
Quote Sent by npm
Some of the most exciting features of npm Enterprise are as follows:
- Dedicated single tenant accommodation in a Kubernetes cluster
- URL company_name.npme.io specific to the company
- Support for standard SSO authentication
- Role-based access control
- Sharing packages within and between teams
- Customizable workflows for collaboration and seamless integration of the CI/CD system
- Notification of known vulnerabilities via “npm audit.
The team also ensures that in the coming months, users can expect improved tools and new features for security, compliance, workflow efficiency and team management.
It should be noted that npm Enterprise provides a platform for sharing modules behind a firewall, providing more stringent security when deploying open source modules and ensuring compliance with legal requirements.